Here is my recipe for Spaghetti Bolognese I have perfected over time.
One of the biggest tips I can give here is to make your own stock from beef bones using a slow cooker, it is easy as you can stock up on the liquid stock in your freezer and once you need it just defrost it. (There is no issue refreezing the stock once combined into the Bolognese)
- 1 kg beef mince
- 500 grams lamb mince
- 400 g ardmona chopped tomatoes mixed herbs
- 140 g Leggos Pizza Sauce
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion (diced)
- dash oregano
- dash thyme
- dash parsley
- dash mixed herbs
- pinch xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener (to taste)
- In Pan cook Olive Oil, red onion, oregano, thyme, parsley and mixed herbs and cook till onion is softened.
- Brown beef mince and lamb mince
- Add stock and combine and stir and cook for 5min
- Add tin of ardmona chopped tomatoes mixed herbs, Leggos Pizza Sauce and cook for another 5min
- Add granulated sweetener to taste and add a pinch of xanthan gum to thicken
- Set on low heat and make noodles.
- Use zucchini spiralizer add noodles in a new pan and cook with olive oil and mixed herbs until lightly softened.
- Add Noddles, Bolognese and some grated cheese on the top and serve.