Satay has always been a favourite of mine in Chinese restaurants over the years.
I knew a Chinese guy that worked at the foreshore Chinese restaurant at Pt. Noarlunga before they shut down.
I said to him I love Satay but wish I knew how to to make it myself.
He laughed at me and said “It comes in a jar!!!” and he bought me one from the Chinese market.
Good news for us LCHF people is it is really low in carbs and you mix it with peanut butter and the sweetener so you can enjoy Satay Chicken just like your favorite Chinese restaurant.
Here is a link to the Jars website for what to look for in your local Chinese grocery. (Its a concentrate so it will last you for many Satay batches)
I serve with zucchini noddles.
- 1.5 kg chicken thighs (diced)
- 1/2 tbsp garlic (diced)
- 1 onion red onion (diced)
- 21 g Jimmy’s Saté Sauce
- 300 g peanut butter (I use kraft's but you could use lower sugar ones)
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 100 ml cream
- 2 tbsp sweetner (to taste)
- dash himalayan salt
- Cook Chicken thighs, red onion and garlic until onion soft and no pink left on chicken.
- Add peanut butter, Jimmy’s Saté Sauce and slowly stir in coconut cream and cream. (You’ll find it thicken)
- Add dash of himalayan salt and add sweetner to taste
- This is cooked (Slightly softened) in a separate pan as flavoured with some soy sauce and a dash of sesame seed oil.
- Once completed serve Zucchini Noddles in bowl and add Satay on top and Enjoy!
Serving Size 150g food:
- Fat = 54g
- Protein = 32g
- Carbs = 7g